Repute Today
17 August, 2026
  • Just Now
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Fashion
    • Travel
  • World
    • India
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • More
    • Events
    • Photos
    • Videos
    • Stories
Reading: Ranveer Singh could be banned from the acting business if Don 3 goes badly
Share
Notification
  • News
  • India
  • World
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Iran
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Education
  • United States
  • Social Media
  • Tamil Nadu
Repute Today

Magazine

Live TV

Repute Today
  • Latest
  • Trending
  • World
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Events
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Viral
  • Weather
  • Fact Check
  • Podcasts
  • Web Stories
  • Videos
Search
  • Categories
    • Business
    • Events
    • Education
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Trending
    • Travel
    • Technology
    • Weather
    • News
    • World
    • Web Stories
Follow US
© 2026 Repute Media Private Limited.
Entertainment

Ranveer Singh could be banned from the acting business if Don 3 goes badly

Because Farhan Akhtar complained about Ranveer Singh in the Don 3 row, the Federation of Western India Cine Employees in India has banned him.

Last updated: 25/05/2026 10:18 PM
By
Repute Media
Published: 25/05/2026
SHARE

In a big turn of events, actor Ranveer Singh has been officially banned by the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE). This comes after he abruptly quit Farhan Akhtar’s Don 3. Last week, the federation looked into the issue. On Monday, at a press conference, they made their final decision public.

Later, Singh’s official spokesperson said in a statement, “Professional and personal interactions should be handled with maturity, respect, and dignity.”

Excel wants to be paid back.

The FWICE has given Ranveer Singh a strict non-cooperation directive, which means that the industry is not allowed to work with him until he settles the disagreement with the film body over the Rs 45 crore in damages that the producers are demanding.
Ranveer Singh makes a comment after being banned by FWICE

Someone who works for Singh said, “Ranveer Singh has the utmost respect for the film industry and everyone connected with the Don franchise.” In light of recent events involving Don 3, he has decided to remain silent. He does this because he believes that personal and professional issues should be handled with respect, maturity, and dignity.

“Many stories and rumours have come up over the years, but Ranveer has never felt the need to respond publicly or add to the speculation.” “His full attention remains on his work and the responsibilities that lie ahead,” the statement said. “He continues to have the utmost respect and goodwill for everyone involved and sincerely hopes that the franchise continues to succeed.” “Choosing to be calm and gracious in these situations has always been a choice he has made, and he will continue to do so,” the statement ended.

FWICE warns against leaving at the last minute.

The movie group FWICE said in a press release that they didn’t like how the actor dropped out at the last minute and that the whole movie business should be seen as one big family where everyone working on different jobs contributes to the success of the whole project.

“The Federation sees all artists, technicians, workers, producers, directors, and members of every craft as family members who are bound by trust, professional obligations, respect, and a sense of shared responsibility.” “FWICE also thinks that senior and well-known actors quitting projects at crucial points is a major threat to the stability and working environment of the entertainment industry,” the film group said.

The problem of a multi-film deal

Excel Entertainment made a complaint in April, which said that the actor had signed a three-film deal with the company. This is what started the fight.

In the lawsuit, the producers asked that Ranveer pay for all the damages related to pre-production, which came to Rs 45 crore. Farhan Akhtar specifically asked that the huge costs of pre-production be paid back.

Ranveer refuses to talk about FWICE.

When the federation tried to calm things down, Ranveer refused to talk to the FWICE about it, saying that the problem needed to be discussed in a “appropriate” setting instead, according to the official press release. Even though there is a present non-cooperation directive, the federation has said that it is still willing to talk about the issue with the actor again in order to find a peaceful solution.

News said Ranveer Singh quit Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani’s movie Don 3 just before it started filming, so FWICE stepped in to stop the fight.

Ashoke Pandit, the Chief Advisor of FWICE, said the situation was serious and criticised the trend of stars leaving films while they are still being made.

The Federation’s strong message

In a previous interview with Bombay Times, Pandit had told actors that they would face harsh punishments if they didn’t follow through on their contracts with the producers. He told her, “This is a very bad trend that needs to stop.” Ten days before the shoot, you can’t back out of a job. First, we have an internal chat, and then we’ll take a call.

When asked what the choice could be, he said, “We will now do something that makes sense.” This business will not fail because of us. Tomorrow, anyone can leave the show. No matter what we do, it will be for the good of the business.

The Producers Guild also stepped in.

The argument had already reached the Producers Guild of India, where top producers are said to have tried to settle it. Reports say that Excel Entertainment said the team had locked down plans and spent a lot of money on pre-production before Singh left. Some news sources said that the talks about a deal had not yet come to a final decision.

In a chat with The Hollywood Reporter India, Akhtar also talked about the problem. “A lot has happened in the last two years,” he said. You learn to be ready for anything. “Until you see it on film, you can’t be sure of anything.”

Everything about Don 3

The third movie in Akhtar’s Don series was publicly announced in August 2023, but the project has been in limbo for three years because of constant delays in production and changes in the cast. At first, Kiara Advani was set to play in the movie, but the deal fell through in the end.

There were also rumours that Hrithik Roshan would play the lead part, which he later denied. Other reports in the industry said that director Farhan Akhtar might step in to lead the movie.

Several news sources say that the main character has since changed his plans for his future films after Dhurandhar: The Revenge became an instant worldwide hit. The spy thrillers directed by Aditya Dhar have broken all kinds of box office records. The most recent sequel, which made a staggering Rs 1,800 crore worldwide, is one of the highest-grossing Indian films of all time and one of the biggest financial successes of the actor’s career.

At the same time, the actor is switching his attention to Pralay, his big, high-budget zombie comedy. The movie, which is set in a post-apocalyptic Mumbai and directed by Jai Mehta, is a big step forward in his career because he is now a director. He is co-producing the dystopian thriller under his own company, Maa Kasam Films.

Akhtar’s most recent movie to direct was Don 2, an action-thriller released in 2011. The movie starred Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, and Boman Irani.

Singh last appeared in Dhurandhar: The Revenge, an espionage thriller directed by Aditya Dhar. Arjun Rampal, R Madhavan, Sara Arjun, Rakesh Bedi, Sanjay Dutt, Manav Gohil, and Gaurav Gera were also in the movie.

TAGGED:BollywoodIndiaNewsRanveer singh
Share This Article
Facebook Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Telegram Copy Link
Repute Today

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.

Popular Posts

Priyanka Chopra Compares Bollywood Career With Hollywood, Says ‘Haven’t Done As Much’
Trisha Krishnan responds to online trolls on relationship rumours with Tamil Nadu CM Vijay
Meenakshi Seshadri, thirty years after retiring, is in search of her “Badhaai Ho” moment: “I am not here to prove a point.”
Ranveer Singh could be banned from the acting business if Don 3 goes badly
Producer of Jana Nayagan has stated that Vijay’s final film has not yet been certified by the CBFC, despite the five-month delay

You Might Also Like

ECI extends Telangana SIR enumeration deadline till August 10

By
Editorial Team

CJP Protest LIVE Updates: Members Of Cockroach Janta Party, Centre Conclude 2nd Round Of Talks

By
Editorial Team

Paper leak case lands in fast-track court already facing 2.45 lakh-case backlog

By
Editorial Team

Upto 10-year Jail & Rs 10 crore fine: Cabinet clears tougher anti-paper leak bill

By
Editorial Team
Get Latest and Breaking News Updates on Politics, Business, Lifestyle, Entertainment and Sports along with News updates from around the world.
Company
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
Trending Now
  • News
  • India
  • World
  • Technology
  • Entertainment
Download Magazine!
Repute Today
A Part of Repute Media Group
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Editorial Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Social Responsibility
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

Information Security Policy

Repute Today is committed to safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all physical and electronic information assets of the organization.

Connect with us

Facebook-f X-twitter Instagram Threads Linkedin-in Medium-m Youtube
© 2026 Repute Media Private Limited. All Rights Reserved.